ADHD affects 5% of children and is characterized by impulsiveness, hyperactivity and inattention. ADHD is also associated with abnormalities in the pre frontal cortex, cerebellum and basal ganglia. These areas are all involved in sensorimotor control. Read more
If the cerebral cortex is the brain region that best differentiates us from other species, the cerebellum is the part that is found behind the brain and it is responsible for many important functions:
– Coordination of movement: the cerebellum coordinates muscular activity so that the body can move fluidly.
– Balance: it receives data from the inner ear, which allows the cerebellum to contribute to keeping you upright.
– Vision: the cerebellum allows for coordination of ocular movements.
– Motor learning: the cerebellum helps in learning tasks such as riding a bike.
– Language and humor: we don’t know how precisely the cerebellum is involved her but we do know it is. Read more
Mat’s latest articles
Mat Boulé, Osteopath, Posturologist, Educator
LC Fitness (Mon Tues):
3233 av Jean Beraud, Laval, QC H7T 2L2
Adrenaline Performance (Wed Fri):
8158 Chemin Devonshire, Mont-Royal, QC H4P 2K3
Athletik One (Thu):
2068 Trans Canada Route, Dorval, Quebec H9P 2N4
Centre Umanité (Sat):
500 Boul des Seigneurs #201, Terrebonne, QC J6W 1T3