If we have forever considered that the vestibular system was the one that created balance in an unbalanced state, when looking at recent literature, one can consider that this primitive balance system is a component of much refined human functions. Read more
If the cerebral cortex is the brain region that best differentiates us from other species, the cerebellum is the part that is found behind the brain and it is responsible for many important functions:
– Coordination of movement: the cerebellum coordinates muscular activity so that the body can move fluidly.
– Balance: it receives data from the inner ear, which allows the cerebellum to contribute to keeping you upright.
– Vision: the cerebellum allows for coordination of ocular movements.
– Motor learning: the cerebellum helps in learning tasks such as riding a bike.
– Language and humor: we don’t know how precisely the cerebellum is involved her but we do know it is. Read more
Mat’s latest articles
Mat Boulé, Osteopath, Posturologist, Educator
Kinelite (Mon to Wed):
1356 Curé-Labelle blvd #222, Blainville, QC J7C 2P2
Athletik One (Thursday):
2068 Transcanadian Est, Dorval, QC H9P 2N4
10130 Chambord, Montreal, QC H2C 2R3